The past few weeks have been a little bit of a blur, but in a good way.
Work has been really good, the managers are trying to create a position just for me, when or whether it will happen is still up in the air. Since the economy is really low, the corporate office is doing a huge push on Marketing. So Dean, my general manager, gave a task to each of the managers, and one to me. Then Parker, one of the managers that I worked with when I was a manager, and a good friend of mine, knows how much I enjoy doing this kind of work, so he asked if I wanted to do his task. I enjoy doing it, plus it gives me more hours so I said yes. Then Parker had told the other managers if they wanted my help to ask. So I ended up doing all of the marketing work. I'm really enjoying it, it's a lot of hard work, deadlines, stressful, but at the end of each day I feel like I'm doing something. If things keep going well, they want me to become the banquet coordinator, but that's only if there are enough banquets for me to coordinate.
I'm still looking for other jobs, Toria sent me a lead on this company that seems like a great environment, which is one of my top priorities. However, didn't really seem like they have any openings in my location, at least right now. I'm still looking, and applying. And I have a friend that is a manager at this member's only bar in downtown Fullerton. I was thinking I would bartend there in my free time and make some good money, and hopefully make some useful contacts. I'm doing fine at my job, so I can take my time and wait for my perfect job to come along.
School starts in like two weeks, I'm excited and nervous.
Our new softball season starts this week, however our first game is a bye. I started practicing pitching yesterday, it took me awhile to get my groove. But I think with a little more practice I'll be able to figure it out, and keep it.
This past week I've been watching baseball with the guys, It's fun going out to watch the games, because everyone around you gets so excited by the game. You have random people talking about it all, and high fiving, and jumping up and down, it's hard not to get excited.
So it's been a busy week, and looks like next week will be the same, I can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment